Currently a Student at The Art Institutes of California? This Contest is for You!
Enter to win $2000 cash and other prizes for producing a winning video enticing wine lovers to visit Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma County, California. Use your creativity and editing skills to re-cut, animate or otherwise re-imagine existing Dry Creek Valley video footage and images to produce the winning video and be rewarded with the following:
• Grand Prize = $2000
• Runner Up = $500
• Second Runner Up = $100 Amazon card
• Two Honorable Mentions = $25 Amazon card each
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER:
You must be a student enrolled full or part time in The Art Institutes of California, a college of Argosy University. Must be legal U.S. residents age 18 or older who currently reside in and are physically located in the U.S. WDCV staff, contractors and relatives of staff and contractors are ineligible to enter the contest. Dry Creek Valley winery(ies) and growers, including staff and immediate family members of staff, are ineligible to enter the contest.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES TO ENTER:
- Submission period begins at 12:01am PST on September 17, 2012 and ends at 11:50pm PST on December 15, 2012. Winners will be contacted via email no later than January 31, 2013.
- Utilize approved b-roll footage and still images available for download from DropBox at: http://goo.gl/Iy9CV (these copyrighted materials may not be used for any other purpose beyond this contest)
- To be considered, contestants must also complete the online Entry Form at http://goo.gl/EsYL7
- Video submissions must be between thirty seconds (:30) and two minutes (2:00) in length
- Video submissions must be uploaded to the DCV Video Contest YouTube Channel www.youtube.com using the following login:
- You can use artistic license in editing these images for the purpose of conveying a positive message about the Dry Creek Valley wine region, including its vineyards, wineries and/or wines.
- Videos must portray actual images of the Dry Creek Valley. No other wine regions may be included in video footage or imagery.
- Submissions can include royalty-free music, animation, original footage or art portraying the Dry Creek Valley. Videos utilizing music or other copyrighted material without legal permission will be disqualified.
- Each video may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit up to 10 videos each.
- Entries and other submitted material become the property of the Winegrowers of Dry Creek Valley and will not be acknowledged or returned. Students may retain a copy of their submissions for their portfolios.
- The Winegrowers of Dry Creek Valley reserve the right to cancel the contest if fewer than 20 contest submissions are received.
Voting will take place from December 15, 2012 through January 20, 2012. WDCV reserves the right to utilize winery visitors, customers and social media followers to select the top five (5) videos. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from the WDCV, including but not limited to marketing staff, Board members and winery representatives. WDCV reserves the right to use names, photos and videos submitted by contestants in its marketing and promotional efforts.